STIHL FS40 Grass Strimmer
Briants product code:
Modern, convenient and very easy to start. Ideal for around-the-garden trimming tasks. The lightest brushcutter of the new generation. Modern appearance, convenient operation and very simple starting procedure are the highlights of the new generation STIHL grass trimmer range. The number of steps needed to start the machine has been drastically reduced. The frustration of a flooded engine is virtually eliminated. New 2-stroke engine with stratified charge allows fast acceleration, low emissions, reduced fuel consumption. With bent shaft, loop handle and AutoCut mowing head ideally for trimming small areas of grass and around obstacles.
- Reduced-emission engine technology - 2-stroke engine with stratified charge. A fuel-free layer of air is created between the burned charge in the combustion chamber and the fresh charge in the crankcase, reducing the amount of fuel lost during the charge cycle. This results in more power with a lower weight, up to 20% lower fuel consumption than regular 2-stroke engines and significantly reduced exhaust emissions.
- Simplified starting system - Simply set the choke, pump the fuel primer, pull the starter cord and away you go! The running machine then switches off after a brief press of the stop button. Once the machine is at a standstill, the ignition activates again automatically. Thus the ignition is always ready for starting.
- Loop handle (R) - The loop handled grass trimmers and brushcutters are ideal for working in areas where space is limited, e.g. thinning between bushes and shrubs.
- Multi-function control handle - Easy, comfortable thumb-operated control means the operator's hand never leaves the handle.
- Basic harness - For use with loop handle machines.
- STIHL ErgoStart (E) - STIHL ErgoStart cuts the effort required to start the tool by half, while the starter cord can be pulled at just one third of the normal force. A coil spring between the starter cord and the crankshaft smoothes out force peaks, making them virtually undetectable through the cord itself.
- Shoulder strap / carrying system - Using a STIHL shoulder strap or carrying harness with soft padding makes work more comfortable, particularly during lengthy jobs.
STIHL Online Orders
We are delighted to be able to offer a Click and Reserve facility on all current STIHL products. Simply follow the link to our STIHL orders website and we'll have the machine or item made ready for you to collect at your convenience.
Retail Price - £210 inc VAT
- Displacement - 27.2cm³
- Power output - 0.7/1.0 kW/bhp
- Weight - 4.4kg
- Cutting blade - AutoCut mowing head
- Fuel capacity - 0.34l
- Vibration levels - 7.0/6.4 left/right m/s²
- Overall length - 1.45m
- Sound Pressure level - 94.0 dB
- Sound Power level - 103.0 dB