CAMP Turbo Chest Ascender
Briants product code:
A revolutionary chest ascender featuring 2 proprietary rollers for smooth interface with the rope. This will not only help with climbing efficiency by making the upward glide much smoother. It will also reduce dangerous wear upon the device where the rope has a tendancy to rub on the body of a more traditional ascender. It's profiled closure keeps the rope perfectly in line with the body of the device aswell as the rollers to help prevent the rope escaping the device during tight pendulums & traverses. It's toothed cam is finished with a special anti wear treatment & also features drainage holes to help prevent build up of mud, grit & ice etc. The main body also features drainage holes all along the rope path to allow grit & moisture to escape during use for much better contact with the rope itself. Thicker body plates & a shaped connection point help to reduce wear on the device caused by shifting between device & connector (especially when used with steel connectors). This also keeps the device more in-line with the body during use. The opening mechanism is simple & secure with the added ability to lock the device open for much easier attachment & a removable pull cord which makes it much easier to operate while wearing gloves. The proprietary rollers also allow the Turbochest to be rigged up as a locking pulley for light hauling with a max load of 50 kg, 110 lbs.
NOTE: This configuration is not intended for hauling or securing of bodies.
- Proprietary rollers increase climbing efficiency and decrease wear and tear on the device and ropes
- Super smooth action and increased safety on traversing maneuvers
- Thicker body plates and a shaped connection point reduce shifting between the device and the connector
- Can be rigged as a locking pulley for light hauling (max load 50 kg, 110 lbs)
- For ropes from 8 to 13 mm
- ID: 2256
- Standards: EN 12841/B – EN 567
- Rope Diameter Min (mm): 8
- Rope Diameter Max (mm):13
- CE: Yes
- UIAA: Yes