DMM IMB-L Large Impact Block
Briants product code:
With a massive Minimum Breaking Strength (MBS) of 300kN and a Working Load Limit (WLL) of 60kN, the Large Impact Block sets new standards in handling massive drops.
As you would expect from a product called an ‘Impact Block’ it's main purpose is to help absorb the huge impacts created by the harsh dynamics of heavy arborist work. When rigged up as part of an ''impact system'', this block will offer maximum security & strength with minimum fuss & weight. Every component, curve & surface has been analysed, designed & engineered to deliver the best performance in terms of dynamics, resistance & alignment. The combination of high quality materials & our hot forging process gives a rope friendly, durable & robust block that can withstand the abuses of advanced tree felling & rigging work. Our blocks have gone through a rigorous dynamic & static testing regime, & have been mis-treated & abused as much as possible; the end result is a highly functional product with an impressive strength to weight ratio.
- Rounded edges to cheekplates maintain low rope abrasion when rope is fed ‘unfair’
- Fairlead flares help maintain high working efficiency
- Thrust surfaces increase tolerance to external loading of spindle and anchor pin
- Lightweight attachment sling facilitates hauling of block, sling and rope to the climber and helps with handling, in tree stowage and workshop storage
- Direct connection to cordage, the anchor slings helps ensure correct neighbour component compatibility
- High efficiency oilite bushings to reduce friction
- Conforms to EN12278:2007
- Conforms to NFPA 1983(2012 ED) Class G
- Colouring follows EU WLL protocol