Eco plug Max Tree Stump Killer
Eco Plug Max is a small plug which gets inserted into a tree or stump to kill it & eliminate it & its regrowth.
Eco Plug Max is a 100 % effective method for completely eliminating the sprouting from broad leaf trees. It is a selective method which will reduce the use of chemicals by around 90% compared to the more traditional methods used. The active ingredient ( glyphosate ) gets released inside the tree when the plug is hammered in.
Eco Plug - How to use
- Cut the tree as close to the ground as possible
- For optimum results, treat within 2 days of cutting; however, stumps can be treated up to 1 month after felling, but translocation of active ingredient may be slower
- Measure the diameter of the cut face and calculate how many plugs to use from the application rate table
- Drill a hole in the stump; the hole should be 25 - 30mm deep and 13mm wide using an adapted drill to control the depth
- Space the holes no more than 6 - 8cm apart around the entire circumference of the stump
- Drill as close to the bark as possible, because the tree’s transport system is directly adjacent to the bark
- 7. Insert Ecoplug Max plugs into each hole with the thicker end protruding outwards
- Using a hammer, drive the Ecoplug Max plug in completely so that its head seals the drilled hole, causing the plug to release the herbicide
- For best results, stump treatment should be done not more than 2 days after felling
- Do not use for any other purpose than treatment of freshly cut tree stumps
- FOR USE ONLY AS AN INDUSTRIAL/FORESTRY HERBICIDE
- Use all year around.
- Will Kill: Elm, Alder, Birch, Aspen, Lime, beech, maple, mountain ash, Poplar, sallow, ash, cherry, bird cherry, oak & other broad leafed trees.
- Minimizes the use of chemicals during treatment of trees & stumps.
- This product will kill off the entire root system, but only the root system. Neither people, animals or the environment will be exposed to our product when applied as directed.
- A box of 100 plugs.
- Contains Glyphosate .