Tree stump killer plugs by ‘Ecoplug’ are small plugs which get inserted into pre-drilled holes in the tree or stump to both kill and prevent its regrowth. This is a very simple to use and effective product which can be (optionally) supplied with a drill bit which includes a fixed ”stop” to ensure you drill into the stump at the optimum depth to correctly administer the contents in the tree stump.
Ecoplug Max is a 100% effective method for completely eliminating the sprouting from broad leaf trees. It is a selective method which will reduce the use of chemicals by around 90% compared to the more traditional methods used. The active ingredient (glyphosate) gets released inside the tree when the plug is hammered in.
How to use
- Cut the tree as close to the ground as possible
- For optimum results, treat within 2 days of cutting; however, stumps can be treated up to 1 month after felling, but translocation of active ingredient may be slower
- Measure the diameter of the cut face and calculate how many plugs to use from the application rate table
- Drill a hole in the stump; the hole should be 25 – 30mm deep and 13mm wide using an adapted drill to control the depth
- Space the holes no more than 6 – 8cm apart around the entire circumference of the stump
- Drill as close to the bark as possible, because the tree’s transport system is directly adjacent to the bark
- Insert Ecoplug Max plugs into each hole with the thicker end protruding outwards
- Using a hammer, drive the Ecoplug Max plug in completely so that its head seals the drilled hole, causing the plug to release the herbicide
- For best results, stump treatment should be done not more than 2 days after felling
- Do not use for any other purpose than treatment of freshly cut tree stumps
- FOR USE ONLY AS AN INDUSTRIAL/FORESTRY HERBICIDE