STIHL KM56 RC-E Kombi Engine
One engine with many optional tools that can handle a variety of tasks would be just one way to describe the STIHL KombiSystem. From edging to trimming, to sweeping and even blowing—the low-emission STIHL KM 56 RC-E and its optional attachments are great for a wide range of jobs around the garden. Featuring our ErgoStart (E) system and a new simplified starting procedure that helps prevent flooding, there’s no longer a need for a strong or fast pull of the starting cord.
- Reduced-emission engine technology - 2-stroke engine with stratified charge. A fuel-free layer of air is created between the burned charge in the combustion chamber and the fresh charge in the crankcase, reducing the amount of fuel lost during the charge cycle. This results in more power with a lower weight, up to 20% lower fuel consumption than regular 2-stroke engines and significantly reduced exhaust emissions.
- Simplified starting system - Simply set the choke, pump the fuel primer, pull the starter cord and away you go! The running machine switches off quickly after a brief press of the stop button. Once the machine is at a standstill, the ignition activates again automatically. Thus the ignition is always ready for starting.
- Loop handle (R) - The loop handled grass trimmers and brushcutters are ideal for working in areas where space is limited, e.g. thinning between bushes and shrubs.
- Quick-release coupling - The quick-release coupling allows the KombiSystem to be quickly dismantled into two parts for easy transport and storage – and then re-assembled quickly without tools.
- Split shaft - With a split shaft and special toolless quick-release coupling, the KombiSystem is highly versatile, easily transported and easy to store.
- Shoulder strap / carrying system Zoom - Shoulder strap / carrying system - Using a STIHL shoulder strap or carrying harness with soft padding makes work more comfortable, particularly during lengthy jobs.
- STIHL ErgoStart (E) - A genuine advance in easy starting. STIHL ErgoStart (E) cuts the effort required to start the tool by half, while the starter cord can be pulled at just one third of the normal force. All it takes is 2 fingers and a gentle pull action.
- Electronic ignition module - This ensures reliable starting and trouble-free running. The ignition system is fully encapsulated and thus protected from damp and dirt.
- Displacement - 27.2 cm³
- Power output - 0.8/1.1 kW/bhp
- Weight - 4.3 kg
- Overall length - 840 cm
- Vibration levels left/right - 4/7m/s²
- Sound pressure level - 95 dB
- Sound power level - 105 dB