WESTLAND Decorative Mini Bark | 70 Litres
For a highly decorative, low-maintenance finish for small borders and containers, Westland Decorative Mini Bark is an ideal solution. These small brown chips not only create a clean background for displaying your plants against, but reduce the need for frequent weeding.
Produced from sustainable conifer plantations which are grown for the timber industry and are certified in accordance with the rules of the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC).
- 8-20mm mini chips
- Specially screened for a highly decorative finish
- Ideal for use in containers & small decorative borders
- Helps retain moisture in soil
- Suppresses weed growth
How to Use Decorative Mini Bark
Beds & borders
- Prepare the area by removing all weeds and debris. Spread a layer of bark 2.5cm to 5cm deep evenly over the bed or border.
- For best results lay a perforated plastic or fabric membrane under the bark. Cut an x-shaped hole in the membrane and place shrubs and plants into the planting hole under the membrane. Spread the bark chips back under the plant canopy to hide the membrane.
- Remove any annual weeds as they appear. Maintain a good mulch layer and replenish with fresh bark annually.
- Leave a 5-7cm space at the top of each container. Spread a 3-5cm layer of Westland Decorative Mini Bark over the top of the compost or soil. This will provide a thermal insulation making the pots less likely to dry out.
- Remove annual weeds as they appear. Check the compost underneath is fresh at least once a year and top up the bark.