Returns and Refunds Policy
Returns and Refunds Policy
Exercising your right to change your mind if you are a consumer (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013).
If you are a consumer then for most products bought online you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days and receive a refund, with a further 14 days thereafter to return the goods. Please supply a copy of your Proof of Purchase detailing the purchase date is within 14 days and we’ll give you an exchange or refund, as long as your returned product meets criteria below:
- The goods must be unused and in original condition
- All original packaging present
When consumers do not have a right to change their minds. Your right as a consumer to change your mind does not apply in respect of:
- Products customised by affixation of your name or logo or other personal details such that we are unlikely to be able to supply them to other customers
- Digital products after you have started to download or stream these
- Services, once these have been completed, even if the cancellation period is still running
- Products sealed for health protection or hygiene purposes, once these have been unsealed after you receive them
- Sealed audio or sealed video recordings or sealed computer software, once these products are unsealed after you receive them; and
- Any products which become mixed inseparably with other items after their delivery.
How long do consumers have to change their minds?
If you have bought goods you have 14 days after the day you/or someone you nominate receive(s) the goods, unless:
- Your goods are split into several deliveries over different days. In this case you have until 14 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the last delivery.
- Your goods are for regular delivery over a set period. In this case you have until 14 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the first delivery of the goods.
How to request a return and refund / end your contract (Including if you are a customer who has changed their mind)
Tell us you want to return the item(s) / end the contract. Please let us know by doing one of the following:
- Phone or email. Call customer services on 01844 343663 or 01844 345975 or email us at email@example.com. Please provide your name, home address, details of the order and, where available, your phone number and email address.
- By post. Simply write to us at that address, including details of what you bought, when you ordered or received it and your name and address.
Faulty goods/products are handled in accordance with the terms of the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
In the first instance we would ask that consumers contact our Customer Service or Technical Team for advice or (where applicable) consult the handbook/manuals provided with the goods/product. Contact us on 01844 343663 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are a consumer and your product develops a fault which has been verified by ourselves within 30 days of purchase we will offer an exchange or refund in full.
- Between 30 days and 6 months we are entitled to carry out a single repair, if the fault still exists or the same fault returns thereafter and within 6 months of purchase we will refund or exchange the product.
- If a fault develops after 6 months from the date of purchase but falls within the warranty period we will repair the item.
In all instances a copy of your Proof of Purchase will be required.
When we will pay the costs of return.
We will pay the costs of return:
- If the products are faulty or misdescribed
- If you are ending the contract because we have told you of an upcoming change to the product or these terms
- An error in pricing or description
- A delay in delivery due to events outside our control or
- Because you have a legal right to do so as a result of something we have done wrong
In all other circumstances (including where you are a consumer exercising your right to change your mind) you must pay the costs of return/return the goods yourself.
What we charge for collection.
If you are responsible for the costs of return and we are collecting the product from you, we will charge you the direct cost to us of collection, plus an administration charge of up to £25.
How we will refund you.
If you are entitled to a refund under these terms we will refund you the price you paid for the products including delivery costs, by the method you used for payment (credit card, debit card, cash, bank transfer or PayPal).
Deductions on Refunds
When we may make deduction from refunds if you are a consumer exercising your right to change your mind. If you are exercising your right to change your mind:
- We may reduce your refund of the price (excluding delivery costs) to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods, if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop. If we refund you the price paid before we are able to inspect the goods and later discover you have handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay us an appropriate amount.
- The maximum refund for delivery costs will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer. For example, if we offer delivery of a product within 3-5 days at one cost but you choose to have the product delivered quicker at a higher cost, then we will only refund what you would have paid for the cheaper delivery option.
- Where the product is a service, we may deduct from any refund an amount for the supply of the service for the period for which it was supplied, ending with the time when you told us you had changed your mind. The amount will be in proportion to what has been supplied, in comparison with the full coverage of the contract.
When your refund will be made.
We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible. If you are a consumer exercising your right to change your mind then:
- If the products are goods and we have not offered to collect them, your refund will be made within 14 days from the day on which we receive the product back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the product back to us. For information about how to return a product to us, read clause 12 in our Terms and Conditions.
- In all other cases, your refund will be made within 14 days of your telling us you have changed your mind.
- Please be aware that we'll only process your refund once the item has been returned and has been checked.